Using eMoo Services. You are required to post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following prohibited actions: violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy; be false or misleading; infringe any third-party right; distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes; distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm eMoo or the interests or property of eMoo users; impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the eMoo website; copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access eMoo and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission; harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to eMoo.
Abusing eMoo Services. Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off eMoo if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off eMoo or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring eMoo or for unauthorized or unlawful content on eMoo or use of eMoo by users.
Global Marketplace. Some of eMoo's features may display your ad on other sites that are part of the global Bermuda Press Holdings Limited (hereinafter referred to as the 'BPHL') community, like on The Royal Gazette or our classifieds sites in other countries. By using eMoo Services, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites. The terms for our other sites are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad to another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is flagged on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
Fees and Services. Using eMoo Services are both free and fees apply for certain Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Bermuda Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they're due. If you don't, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
Content. eMoo Services contains stuff from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute eMoo Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify eMoo Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements. Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyrights and trademarks (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party's rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to eMoo that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings by contacting eMoo's directly. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the eMoo Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, please contact eMoo.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. The eMoo Services are provided "as is" and "as available". You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. You also agree not to hold us responsible for the payment processing of other service providers such as PayPal (each a "Third Party Payment Processor". For greater certainty, as applicable, if you link a Third-Party Payment Processor account to your eMoo Account, you acknowledge and agree that by making payments through eMoo with that Third Party Payment Processor, you are bound by that Third Party Payment Processor's applicable terms and conditions, and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party's services). As most of the stuff on the eMoo Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of any postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider's network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of eMoo, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Despite the above, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Bermuda Dollars. Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless eMoo and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an "Indemnified Party"), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the eMoo Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
Application Use. eMoo grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the www.eMoo.bm website. Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Table of contents
- What personal information do we collect
- How we use your personal information
- Marketing Purposes
- Access to, review and rectification of your personal information
- Protection and retention of your personal information
- Other Information
2. What personal information do we collect. You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information: Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to: information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.eMoo.bm, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to: information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use; additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services; information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us; information about your location and the location of your device, including your device's unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device. Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
4. Marketing Purposes. You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalised or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by eMoo or companies of the BPHL. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities. When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your My eMoo account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
7. Protection and retention of your personal information We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form. We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.